This training division page sponsored by:
Class Schedules for the 2020 Conference will be posted in November 2019. Please check back then for details.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Storm Water Management at Industrial Facilities (Intermediate) Paul Rodriguez, Environmental Regulatory Specialist, August Mack.
This presentation outlines best practices for storm water management. It will provide a general framework regarding how to stay in compliance, routine sampling and inspection techniques, and a brief overview of the Miwaters program.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Legionella and Other Waterborne Pathogens: Developing and Sustaining an Effective Water Safety Program (Intermediate) Russ Olmsted, Trinity Health and Joseph Ham, B.S.E., Eldon Water.
With the cases of Legionnaires’ Disease on the rise, the publishing of ASHRAE standard 188 has put the responsibility on the building owners to maintain safe water throughout a facility. This session will cover the proliferation and transmission of Legionella and other waterborne pathogens. It will also cover expectations for compliance, understanding risk, development and validation of a water safety program, ongoing execution and documentation, and water remediation strategies.
- Chair: Laurie Rudolph, Safety and Risk Reduction Specialists
- Division: Regina Carriere, CSP, CAWC, Accident Fund Insurance Company
- Pierre Gonyon, CHSP, St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Jessica Jannaman, DURA Automotive Systems, LLC
- Robert Kirkby, Michigan State Police
- Steve Roach, Arch Environmental Group, Inc.
- Matt Tomlinson, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- David Woods, Fibertec IHS