This training division page sponsored by:
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
MIOSHA Construction Division Update (Intermediate) Eric Allen, Health and Safety Manager, MIOSHA Construction Safety and Health Division.
This session is an update of the MIOSHA Construction Safety and Health Division. This presentation provides an overview of MIOSHA’s Construction enforcement division, providing attendees with information on enforcement issues, ongoing/new initiatives and the direction that MIOSHA is taking.
Raising the Baron Patient Safety During Construction in Healthcare Facilities (Basic) Jason Reed, ICRA Coordinator/Trainer, Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters.
This session will include a discussion of Nosocomial Aspergillosis outbreaks due to construction and renovation. Pathways to understand developing HCF best practices to bridge the gap of awareness between the professional construction industry and the Professional health care industry will be shared. The encouragement and process of ICRA training for construction professionals before construction begins will also be discussed.
Suicide in the Construction Industry: The Time to Get Proactive in Prevention (Intermediate) Dr. Dave Opalewsi, President, Grief Recovery, Inc.
This presentation will cover promoting awareness as a prevention measure, along with recognizing signs and symptoms of suicidal crisis, dealing with a person in suicidal crisis or suspected suicidal crisis, and developing a protocol when an incident becomes suspect or apparent.
Advanced Fall Protection (Advanced) Dave VanHolstyn, Michigan Urban Search and Rescue (MUSAR) Training Foundation.
Fall protection for workers presents several complex issues, requirements for technical knowledge and proper decision making. This advanced presentation will discuss some of the dilemmas that contractors encounter. Discussion will also be based on rescue aspects if a fall were to occur.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Demolition Safety (Intermediate) Tim Barker, AECOM.
This session will share how to mitigate high risk on a demolition and/or most high risk activities based on lessons learned/successes from the DoD and the largest D&D projects and programs in the world.
Crane Lift Planning and Regulation Updates, Part 1 (Intermediate) Derek Sather and John Haberkorn, Operating Engineers Local 324 Journeyman and Apprentice Training Fund (OE 324 JATF).
This two-hour presentation will walk through a jobsite scenario based on a lift plan. This will include a comprehensive look into requirements from state and federal regulations and the manufacturers’ instructions. Please bring anyone from your team that is looking to gain knowledge and efficiency for crane related activities. There will also be a segment of time designated to Q & A that will address any crane and rigging interests.
Crane Lift Planning and Regulation Updates, Part 2 (Intermediate) Derek Sather and John Haberkorn, Operating Engineers Local 324 Journeyman and Apprentice Training Fund (OE 324 JATF).
Changes to ANSI/SAIA A92 Standards for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPS) (Basic) Steve Wozniak, Product Support Specialist/Safety Administrator, Cloverdale Equipment Company.
The speaker will review the publication of the new ANSI Standard that relates to the safe use of MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform) in the United States, to include:
A92.20: Manufacture changes of machine designs to meet these new standards.
A92.22: Safe use; Supervisor training, Site risk assessment and mitigation, Rescue plan, and
A92.24: Additional training requirements to meet this standard. Occupant training requirements.
Public Act 174 (Intermediate) Paul Harding, Community Outreach /Education Specialist and Colleen Goddard, Community Outreach Education Specialist, MISS DIG 811.
This session will inform participants of the requirements of Public Act 174 of 2013. This will enable all users of the MISS DIG 811 system to protect themselves and property from contact with utility lines.
- Co-Chair: Paul Wrzesinski, Associated General Contractors of Michigan
- Co-Chair: Eric Allen, MIOSHA Construction Safety & Health Division
- Vice-Chair: Jason Griffin, Construction Association of Michigan
- Jonathan Anglin, Ideal Contracting
- Ted Bergin, Wolverine Building Group
- Lynn Coleman, MI Laborers Training & Appr.
- Blake Davis, Superior Electric Great Lakes Company
- Keith Dupasquier, Dearborn Mid-West Company
- Lee Graham, Operating Engineers 324 LMEC
- Zach Hansmann, CSP, CHMM, ARM, Michigan State University
- Douglas Hayes, CSP, ARM, SMS, AECOM
- Mike Listello, CSP, DTE Energy
- Richard Mee, RJM Construction Services, LLC
- Aaron Munoz, Motor City Electric Company
- John Pike, CSP, CHST, CET, The Walsh Group
- Kristina Roege Wilson, Occupational Industrial Hygienist
- Brad Redinger, Wolverine Building Group
- Troy Rouse, COSS, Mears Group, Inc.
- Ben Stahelin, MS, ASP, RM Sylvan, Inc.
- Bernie Sunday, Sherriff-Goslin Company
- Mike Sunday, Sheffiff-Goslin Company
- Terry Sundt, Belle River PP – MEP Construction Trailer